Introduction for System Development
“Library Search Engine” provides your personal account through which you can search books absolutely free and save your time to search book manually in the library.
Why we develop this system because have we see, traditional use like manual has many disadvantages and not efficient. The problem of the current manual is:
- Slow retrieval of information.
- Repetition of the same information.
- Inaccurate or inconsistent information.
- Concurrent access cannot be performed.
- Security and integrity problem.
- Backup and recovery problem.
- Large human resources are required.
- Reduce the paperwork and storage area.
- Improve the output of operators.
- Improve accuracy in the result.
Fishbone / Ishikawa Diagram
The objectives for Library Management System are:
- Easy procedure to use for any customer.
- Make it easy for people to check the ticket status or make changes to their book booking.
- The user invokes “booking book” feature from the LMS user interface.
- Provide flexible access modes to users from internet or telephone directly.
- Do the transactions for related easy to making book reservations, which includes blocking, reserving, and canceling or rescheduling purpose book.
The scope library management system to focus on the online only, because with the new system can make easy to customer used, get the discount when their make purpose and make a customer interesting with this system.
Actually, this new library system is best and easy to use at any level because customers can borrow book earlier so that they can save their time and know if the book they looking for existing or not.
With this new system, we hope many customers like to use it.
System Development Method
Structure analysis uses a concept called the systems development life cycle (SDLC) to plan and manage the system development process. The SDLC model contains the following steps:
1. System Planning.
2. System Analysis.
3. System Design.
4. System Implementation.
5. System Operation, Support, and Security.
The system planning phase often begins with a proper request to the IT department, known as a system request, which describes issues or desired adjustments in an information system or a business process.
The aim of this phase is to carry out a preliminary investigation to determine the character and scope of the enterprise alternative or drawback. The preliminary investigation is an essential step as a result that will have an effect on your entire development process.
A key part of the preliminary investigation is a feasibility examine that opinions anticipated prices and advantages and recommends a plan of action based mostly on operational, technical, financial, economic, and time elements.
The aim of the system evaluation section is to construct a logical model of the brand new system. Step one is requirement modeling, the place you examine business processes and document what the brand new system should do.
Requirement modeling continues the investigation that started throughout the system planning section. To grasp the system, you carry out fact-finding utilizing methods reminiscent of the interview, surveys, document evaluation, information and process models, and object models.
The aim of the system design section is to create a blueprint that can fulfill all documented requirement for the system. At this stage, you design the person interface and determine all crucial output, enter, and processes
During the systems design section, you additionally decide the application architecture, which exhibits programmers methods to remodel the logical design into program modules and code.
The results of this are documented within the system design specification and introduced to administration and customers for evaluation and approval. Management and user involvement is essential to keep away from any misunderstanding about what the brand new system will do, how it will do it, and what it will cost.
Through the system implementation section, the brand new system is constructed-programs are written, examined, and documented, and the system is installed. The target of the system implementation section is to ship a very functioning and documented data system.
On the conclusion of this section, the system is prepared to be used. The system implementation section additionally contains an assessment, called a system evaluation, to find out whether or not the system operates correctly and if costs and advantages are within expectations.
System Operation, Support, and Security
During the system operation, support, and security phase, the IT employees maintain, enhances, and protects the system. The target throughout this section is to maximize return on the IT investment.
A well-designed system will be secure, reliable, maintainable, and scalable. Information system needs to be updated significantly or replaced after several years of operation.
Within the new system, we hope that within the system to permit individuals to get the books they want. Our planning system is focused on the precise needs of library users.
If the user profitable search book, users will likely be taken to a web page form to register or log in to their existing account. users who already registered can try their book orders and waiting process of is accomplished and permitted by the admin library.
This transaction quantity is what will likely be used to authenticate any transaction per time. Library system is constructed on the three-tier structure of internet functions. In this planning process, we hope all part of the system will likely be finished to identify.
Example of System Request Form
a. Can change the booking book every time in the system.
- For the book booking, the user can change in the information for each time.
- User changes the list each time or when they want to do it if they the book is available
b. When other’s people used this system, they can reduce the time for booking the ticket.
- We can help the customer to reduce time because they can now book at home.
- The Library Management System can make the customer more accessible because the system is easy to use.
c. Reduce redundancy in the information required from the customers in order for them to find a book, create user accounts.
We are able to strongly say that it’s technically possible since there won’t be a lot of problem in getting the required resources for the event and sustaining the system as effectively. All of the resources wanted for the event of the software program in addition to the upkeep of the identical is offered within the group right here we’re using the resources which can be found already.
The development of this application is very costly to do. The organization does not have to spend much on the development of the system available. The only thing to do is to create an environment for development with an effective administration. If we do this, we can get the maximum availability of the resources. Even after the development, the organization will not be in a condition to invest more in the organization. This table shows the budget for more than the rest of our project:
Description of Organization Chart
1. Director information system
- Manage information about System and describe what the method to do for developing this system.
- Plan on how to do this system successful running.
2. Manager system support & security
- For support the Library System and create safety for security the system from different individuals.
- Do security that only the manager can open and not all the staff.
a) Database administrator
- To save the system to develop for Library System.
- Support data Library System because it cannot give data that are missing and brooked.
3. System analysis
- Analysis of the system for Library Management System is the good or not for long time and what the benefit for a system when to use it.
- Cording the software for Management System.
- Develop their system to run successfully for their Library Management System.
4. Manager web support
- To support website for protecting the system when having a problem.
- Backup Library Management System because same time forgets something so have documentation to see back.
Dato’ Idris bin Jalal (Chef Executive Offices (C.E.O) of Library
1. What your advice when we need to develop a new system for Library Reservation for our company?
2. When we develop this system, it is this system can support for the long term?
3. Who the people we must focus it for system Library Reservation?
4. Where can we get other information to create the Library Reservation System?
5. What you fill about this system and it is this system we produce is easy to use?
6. When you use the system, it is you fill can make you use faster find the book?
7. Where can you use the Library Management System to find a book?
8. When the time this system can use for booking?
9. How to use this system and it is the expert IT only can use this system?
Data and Process Modeling
Outputs from computer systems are required primarily to communicate the results of processing to users. They are also used to provide a permanent copy of these result for later consultation. Computer output is the most important and direct source of information to the users. Designing computer output should proceed in an organized well through out the manner. The right output must be available for the people who find the system easy o use. The outputs have been defined during the logical design stage. If not, they should be defined at the beginning of the output designing terms of types of output connect, format, response etc,
Various types of outputs are
- External outputs
- Internal outputs
- Operational outputs
- Interactive outputs
- Turn around outputs
All screens are informative and interactive in such a way that the user can full fill his requirements by asking queries.
User Interface Design
Member Home Module
Search Page Module
Admin Home Page
ERD Diagram Project
Advantages of the New system
- The work can be easy to use when a new system has.
- Customers can search the online book they want and book it very faster and may reduce time, cost and energy.
- Less staff needed for working, then use the system online because all the work can do with the system only.
- We can provide benefits to our company such as reducing office rental bills, reducing staff, and reducing the budget to buy paper for documentation.
- Less personal touch and harder to sell for the company.
- The customer doesn’t need to leave home and they can book ticket find it easier in the system online.
- Its make costumer make they wok easy with the new system.
Disadvantages of the New system
- The server library online must up to date for the new arrival book and it makes system always in maintenance.
- Any staff must have interred access and computer skills to use and programming library system server.
- When the system has been a problem like so many users, maybe the system must stop or system runs slowly.
- The customer doesn’t know how to use this system to search and booking book.
Our project is only a humble venture to satisfy the needs of a library. Several user-friendly coding has also adopted. This new system shall prove to be a powerful package in satisfying all the requirements of the organization.
The objective of software planning is to provide a framework that enables the manager to make reasonable estimates made within a limited time frame at the beginning of the software project and should be updated regularly as the project progresses. Last but not least it is no the work that played the ways to success but almighty.